Pet Fire Safety Tips for your home.
Animal arson in Aurora?
SERVPRO® of Denver West responds to many fire damage emergencies each year in Aurora, and sometimes the cause of the fire has been pet-related. To date, these fires have not been attributed to “animal arson,” but they have been attributed to animal accidents. Pets are curious and can bump into or knock over cooking equipment, candles, lamps, and space heaters. Here are some pet fire safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association to keep your furry friends safe around a fire:
- Keep pets away from stoves and countertops
- Keep pets away from candles, lamps, and space heaters
- Always use a metal or heat-tempered glass screen on a fireplace and keep it in place
- Keep pets away from a chimney’s outside vents.
- Have a “pet-free zone” of at least three feet away from the fireplace. Glass doors and screens can stay dangerously hot for several hours after the fire goes out.
- Some pets are chewers. Watch pets to make sure they don’t chew through electrical cords. Have any problems been checked by a professional?
When your home or commercial business fire damage restoration services, SERVPRO has a team of technicians on call and ready to assist you 24-hours a day. Call us today at 763-295-1161. We’ll restore your fire damage in Minnesota, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.